There’s not much else online about Western Creek per se, but there are other sites dedicated to creeks, local history and local issues. If you know of a site that you think should be listed below, or if you find a broken link, please let me know.
- Ithaca Intact is an initiative of the Enoggera Creek catchment group Save Our Waterways Now (SOWN) which aims to restore and rejuvenate the entire length of Ithaca Creek.
- Auchenflower Residents Alliance Inc.
- Critters of Calamvale Creek
- Norman Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee (N4C)
- A House in Auchenflower explores the history of an old Queenslander house and the Auchenflower neighbourhood.
- Brisbane City Council. The Council website has a whole section on creeks and waterways that includes information about catchment and community groups, waterway health programs and specific initiatives such as the ambitious Norman Creek 2026 project. There is also a wealth of technical information about topics such as stormwater management and natural channel design.
- The Brisbane City Council is also currently in the planning stage of redeveloping Frew Park, the site of the old Milton Tennis Centre.
- Healthy Waterways – a not-for-profit, non-government organisation working to protect and improve waterway health in South East Queensland.
- Queensland Places has pages on Rosalie, Milton, Auchenflower and Bardon which include historical information.
- The Queensland Historical Atlas looks wonderful, but as far as I can tell, it doesn’t yet have much content about the Western Creek area.
- Your Brisbane: Past and Present contains a wealth of photographs and information about the history of Brisbane buildings and landmarks.
Last modified: June 30, 2012